here’s what apple music is, Apple Music is a music streaming service launched by Apple Inc. This service consists of a subscription based music catalog, an iCloud music library and live radio etc. you can find millions of songs in this music library and save them to iCloud. You can also create your own customized music playlists and Apple Music also music recommendations as per your taste. As more and more people are opting for music streaming apps nowadays. Apple decided to add a streaming component to its service in order to help the users find great new music to stream every day.
About Apple Inc:
Apple Inc. is a multinational tech company based in California. USA. This company is one of the largest company in the world that dealing in design and development of consumer electronics, online services and computer software etc. Apple Inc. offers innovative products that has gained widespread acclaim in the commercial market.
About Apple Music:
Apple Music is an online service provided by Apple. It is a music and video streaming service that runs on multiple platforms including mac, iOS. Windows and even Android operating systems. The users can select from their own uploaded music or purchase new music to stream. They also curate their own playlists as per their preference. Apple music also offers a 24/7 live radio called Beats 1 that broadcasts over 100 countries of the world. Apple Music has two different plans for their users to subscribe from with an initial 3 months free trial period for new users.
Apple Music Features:
- Library: The Apple Music library contains all the songs that you have added there. This songs include all the songs purchased from Apple Music, contents that have been matched from other devices via iCloud Music Library, songs bought from iTunes store, music imported from CDs or music downloaded from any other services.
- Music Recommendations: On subscribing to Apple Music users get music recommendations and playlists curated as per their tastes. It also features playlists like New Music Mix, Chill Mix and Favorites Mix that are updated every week. You can also see to what songs your friends are listening.
- Browse: The Browse tab is available for the paid subscribers. Here they can view the songs and videos making to the top of the charts and you can download these contents directly in your media library. If you are not a subscribed user then you have to use the iTunes store to buy and download content.
- 24 Hour Radio: Apple Music offers a live radio called Beats 1. It is available 24 hours a day and you can listen to music any time with this live broadcast. You can also listen to different styles of music from different genre based radio stations.
- Search Tab: The search tab allows a user to search for any specific songs that they might like to listen. You can also search for albums, artists or playlists etc. Apple Music also allows you to switch between Apple Music and your library so that you can search for songs throughout the entire app or just from your library.
- In-app Controls: this application provides various in-app controls to configure and enhance your listening experience. You can control volume, play or pause streaming, skip a track or fast forward through it or go back to any track, repeat the lyrics and shuffle and repeat playlist etc.
Apple Music Plans:
Apple Music provides three different plans for its users, the individual plan, the student plan and the family plan. Users can choose among any of these three plans according to their preference.
- Student Plan: Apple offers a student plan with a discounted membership of $4.99 to the students whose schools are authenticated by third-party services in U.S, U.K, Germany, Denmark, Australia, Brazil, Ireland and New Zealand. This membership holds good for the entire tenure of your student life. The plan includes 45 million songs including all songs from your iTunes library. You can stream media without any annoying ads disturbing your streaming and also get access across multiple devices.
- Individual Plan: The $9.99 individual plan has the same features as the student’s plan. You can download 100,000 songs to your library and listen to 45 million songs including your iTunes library. You get to see what your friends are listening to and also get access to Beats 1 radio service.
- Family Plan: Apple Music offers a family plan costing $14.99 and supports up to six sharing accounts within the family. You don’t have to use the same Apple ID, you can use different IDs to get access to this shared account. The family plan offers the same features of the individual plan including a personal account for each member of the family. With family account you can also share your iTunes purchases with other members of the family.
Benefits of Apple Music:
- Your purchased and ripped library along with your iTunes music catalog are uploaded to iCloud Music Library so that you can enjoy DRM free access on all your devices.
- Listen to unlimited songs from Apple Music catalog.
- Get access to customized playlists and recommendations according to your taste.
- Complete access to Beats 1 radio and other genre based radios.
- Like, comment, play or save any content from any artist.
- iTunes library accessible side by side with Apple streaming library.
- Custom built mix tapes.
- Affordable family plan.
Apple Music Sign Up Guide
- For iPhone and iPad
- First of all make sure that you have the latest version of iOS running on your device.
- Launch the Apple Music application and on the welcome screen tap on Try it free button to begin registration.
- You can subscribe from the $4.99 student plan, $9.99/ month individual plan or the $14.99 / month family plan as per your choice.
- Now tap on Start Trial option. You will not be charged for the first three months for any of these subscriptions.
- Now Sign In to iTunes store with your Apple ID and agree to the terms and conditions and then confirm your sign up for Apple Music.
- For Mac
- Update iTunes to the latest version on your Mac PC.
- Now launch the iTunes application and on the Apple music welcome screen click on Try for free to begin your registration.
- Now choose your subscription from the three plans offered by Apple Music and then click on Start Trial.
- Now Sign In to your iTunes store with your Apple user ID and confirm the sign up for Apple Music.
- Now you’ll be prompted to choose from your computer’s library or iCloud Music Library. Choose as per your preference and you are all set to enjoy Apple music on your Mac.
You can cancel your subscription any time you want and can also switch to a different subscription as per your choice.
With Apple Music explore an extensive music collection on your iOS device. Apple Music is also compatible with Apple TV and Android smartphones. This subscription based music service is a one stop destination for your music needs or in the company’s words “All the ways you love Music. All in one place.”